Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 500 g fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g button mushrooms, halved
- 400 g swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 300 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons coursely chopped fresh oregano
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic stirring, until onion is soft. Add mushrooms, cook stirring, about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender.
- Stir in stock and wine, simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in cream, mustard and half of the oregano, bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Add pasta and toss to reheat. Sprinkle with remaining oregano.
Absolutely fanTASTIC! I used sherry instead of wine (as I didn't have any white in the house), and I added sundried tomatoes. What a meal! Thank you so much for sharing! XO LA :-)