Recipe by Felix4067
I wasn't too sure about this, but it turned out excellent! I found it in one of my grandma's cookbooks and adapted it to our tastes. The two amounts of Parmesan are not a mistake, and you can use whatever pasta you'd like (I just happened to have fettuccine).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 -10 scallions
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine (uncooked)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Coarsely chop scallions and garlic in a mini chopper or food processor (do not rinse bowl).
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet; add oregano and garlic and scallion mixture.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes or until scallions are limp; remove from pan and set aside.
- Add fettuccine to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to skillet; add chicken and stir fry until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- In same chopper bowl, puree cottage cheese; add chicken broth and 1/3 cup Parmesan and pulse until well mixed.
- Add the scallion mixture, remaining Parmesan, salt and pepper to skillet; stir to combine.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet.
- Add cottage cheese mixture to skillet; stir to combine well.
- Leave over medium heat until hot all the way through, about 3 more minutes.