Recipe by jrobertfl
This dish has a lot going for it: It's beautiful, nutritious, and filling, with a generous portion of chicken in each serving.
- 3 cups broccoli
- 6 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the broccoli 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl. in the boiling water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions: drain.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the chicken, salt, oregano, and red pepper and saute until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to plate.
- 3. In the skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil; saute the onion and garlic until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the broccoli cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the fettuccine, then sprinkle with the cheese and black pepper. Serve topped with the chicken and sprinkled with the basil.