If you are a lover of Gorgonzola cheese, then you will love this pasta dish! The proscuitto can be omitted, but I like to add it in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fettuccine (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (can use more)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese (can use more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just el-dente; drain.
- 2Reserve and set aside about 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 3In another heavy bottomed pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add in garlic and dried red pepper flakes; saute for about 2 minutes.
- 5Add in 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, whipping cream, half and half and black pepper; bring to a light boil and simmer until the sauce thickens (about 5 minutes) season with salt if desired.
- 6Add in the cooked fettuccine to the sauce; toss to coat, remove from heat.
- 7Add in the slightly beaten eggs, toss again to coat.
- 8Add in the chopped proscuitto, 1/2 cup Gorgonzola, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley; toss together.
- 9Add in a small amount of reserved pasta if needed to thin out sauce (start by adding in a small amount of water).
- 10Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Gorgonzola and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the fettuccine, the transfer to a large bowl.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Gorgonzola
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1217.7
- Calories from Fat 673
- Total Fat 74.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 423.7 mg
- Sodium 1311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: