Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are a lover of Gorgonzola cheese, then you will love this pasta dish! The proscuitto can be omitted, but I like to add it in.
- 1 lb fettuccine (uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (can use more)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just el-dente; drain.
- Reserve and set aside about 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In another heavy bottomed pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and dried red pepper flakes; saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, whipping cream, half and half and black pepper; bring to a light boil and simmer until the sauce thickens (about 5 minutes) season with salt if desired.
- Add in the cooked fettuccine to the sauce; toss to coat, remove from heat.
- Add in the slightly beaten eggs, toss again to coat.
- Add in the chopped proscuitto, 1/2 cup Gorgonzola, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley; toss together.
- Add in a small amount of reserved pasta if needed to thin out sauce (start by adding in a small amount of water).
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Gorgonzola and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the fettuccine, the transfer to a large bowl.