1/1 Photo of Fettuccine Alfredo
I can't remember where I came across this recipe but it was on the web somewhere. There isn't another exactly like it here at recipezaar. I like it because it doesn't use cream cheese which I think is cheating a bit. I don't think you would find cream cheese in the traditional italian dish. This dish requires constant attention so be advised!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 quart saucepan over medium-low heat melt butter; add cream, garlic powder, salt, and peppers; simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring constantly, until thick.
- 2Meanwhile, cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions, coordinating so that the sauce and noodles are done about the same time. This is important because if the sauce cooks too long it will separate and though it will still taste great it won't look pretty!
- 3Remove sauce from heat and stir in cheese. Do not heat sauce after cheese has been added.
- 4Serve sauce over hot fettuccine noodles and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettuccine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.0
- Calories from Fat 692
- Total Fat 76.8 g
- Saturated Fat 46.2 g
- Cholesterol 334.4 mg
- Sodium 487.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.3 g