Recipe by Aroostook
This is a simple two step recipe that is just right for using that leftover Easter ham. The Feta cheese adds a nice bite to the rice custard.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed ham
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Ham and Rice:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, milk and cheeses and mix well.
- Add rice, ham and onions.
- Pour into a well greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until set.
- Poached eggs:.
- Bring water/vinegar to a simmer and add three eggs.
- Poach until eggs are set and the yolk is still soft.
- Top the ham or rice mixture with the egg and serve.
- Repeat with the other three eggs.
- Or use two pans to poach all at the same time.
- Place scoop of hot rice on a plate and top with a poached egg.
- You can make the ham/rice custard ahead of time and chill overnight in the fridge.
- Cut cold rice into slices, plate, re-heat in the microwave. When eggs are poached, serve on top of hot ham/rice slices.