Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
An impressive appetizer for a luncheon or dinner party. Cooking time is chill time. You can put the cheese balls on a skewer with fresh fruit.
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup kasseri cheese, finely grated
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, Zest of
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- fresh parsley, mint, and dill for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix together Feta, Kasseri, cream cheese, until smooth. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and mint.
- Roll the cheese into 1-inch round balls. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Divide in thirds and roll the balls in each herb and serve with berries, melons, or citrus.
These little balls of cheesy goodness were delicious spread on pita crisps. I'd hesitate to serve them with fresh fruit, though, because of the garlic add-in, but that may just be personal preference.