Recipe by Ck2plz
An impressive appetizer for a luncheon or dinner party. Cooking time is chill time. You can put the cheese balls on a skewer with fresh fruit.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
These little balls of cheesy goodness were delicious spread on pita crisps. I'd hesitate to serve them with fresh fruit, though, because of the garlic add-in, but that may just be personal preference.
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup kasseri cheese, finely grated
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, Zest of
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- fresh parsley, mint, and dill for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together Feta, Kasseri, cream cheese, until smooth. Stir in garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and mint.
- Roll the cheese into 1-inch round balls. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Divide in thirds and roll the balls in each herb and serve with berries, melons, or citrus.