Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe tosses the salad with a lemon vinaigrette, but I'm not sure it needs it.
- 3 celery ribs, with leaves attached plus additional leaves from the celery bunch
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cored and very thinly sliced lengthwise, with fennel fronds reserved for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup oil-cured black olive, halved and pitted
- 1⁄2 preserved lemon, rind only, very thinly sliced
- Trim leaves from celery stalks and coarsely chop them; set aside. Thinly slice celery stalks on the bias.
- Combine celery, celery leaves, fennel, parsley, olives, and lemon rind in a large bowl.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mound salad onto a serving platter and, if using, garnish with fennel fronds.