Apple Celery Salad
Sweet and tart. Great in the summer w/ grilled pork.
- Ready In:
- 2 tart apples, peeled and cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 celery ribs, diced into 1-inch pieces, include the leaves
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, start with only 1/8
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- salt, if needed to taste
- Toss the diced apples with the lemon juice.
- Add the diced celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar and tarragon.
- Pour mayo mixture over salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Chill and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Served this tonight with Chicken Kiev and it was delish. I was not familiar with fennel, but I had some so apparently I've used it before for something. It definitely gives the receipe an extra zip. Do not leave it out as I was tempted to do. I had to use Red Delicious apples, which gave it nice color, but I am a fan of Granny Smith and will try those next time. I tossed the chopped apples in the lemon juice to keep them from turning dark before adding the other ingredients. I am now looking for other receipes using fennel since I liked it so much.
Perfect! I halved the recipe and used Splenda, dijon mustard (not the grainy kind) and 1 T light mayo. Salt *really* brought out the flavors in this dish. I had some of it on a FlatOut wrap with tuna and it was great (although I will dice smaller if I do that again) and I had some plain and that was great too. I will definitely make this again. I had everything I needed in the house, and it was inexpensive and versatile.