I got this recipe off the internet ( I think it was in a newspaper)and it is so good. Very tasty, creamy and filling. You will swear this has cream in it!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim tops& bottoms of fennel bulbs.
- 2Save a few green fronds& chop for garnish.
- 3Thinly slice bulbs, you should have about 4 cups sliced fennel.
- 4In large saucepan, saute sliced fennel, onions, carrots in the olive oil until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Add chicken broth, cover& bring to a simmer about 20-25 minutes until veggies are tender.
- 6Remove from heat& puree with an immersion blender right in saucepan or in a food processor or add to a blender.
- 7May take a couple of batches.
- 8Transfer each batch to a clean saucepan.
- 9Serve with sprinkle of chopped fennel fronds& cracked black pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel and Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 825.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g