Recipe by riffraff
I got this recipe off the internet ( I think it was in a newspaper)and it is so good. Very tasty, creamy and filling. You will swear this has cream in it!!!
Top Review by Anne La Quebecoise
The soup is so very easy to make! Pleasant delicate blend of flavours, but its colour (some kind of brownish... but what else could we expect from a blend of green and orange??) is not very attractive... I think next time, I'll try with parsnips instead of carrots, which should help with the colour. I found it was more fragrant when served warm (rather than very hot). Thanks for sharing!
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced carrot (2-3 carrots)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 quart chicken broth (vegetable broth can be used to make this vegetarian)
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim tops& bottoms of fennel bulbs.
- Save a few green fronds& chop for garnish.
- Thinly slice bulbs, you should have about 4 cups sliced fennel.
- In large saucepan, saute sliced fennel, onions, carrots in the olive oil until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, cover& bring to a simmer about 20-25 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat& puree with an immersion blender right in saucepan or in a food processor or add to a blender.
- May take a couple of batches.
- Transfer each batch to a clean saucepan.
- Serve with sprinkle of chopped fennel fronds& cracked black pepper.