- 1 lb dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb country-style pork ribs, cut in 1 inch peices
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups water
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- drain beans in colander.
- in heavy pot heat oil, add onion and garlic, saute until lightly browned.
- add pork and brown.
- add beans, chorizo, water to cover and bay leaf.
- simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered.
- uncover, raise heat to medium, cook 15 minutes until thickened.
- salt and pepper to taste, serve over rice.