Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so light they don't seem like you're eating bran!! What a tasty way to get your daily dose of fiber! Variations: Add dates, raisins, nuts, or blueberries. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Batter will keep in refrigerator 6 weeks if covered. Quantity of muffins is an estimate. Quantity will change depending upon variation.
- 236.59 ml 100% bran (Nabisco)
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 354.88 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 473.19 ml buttermilk
- 591.47 ml flour
- 12.32 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml all-bran cereal (Kelloggs)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Nabisco 100% Bran and boiling water and let cool.
- Cream Crisco and sugar.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, flour, soda, and salt.
- Fold in Kellogg’s All Bran.
- Fill muffin tins half full and bake 15 minutes.
I made the whole batch of these rather than keep the batter in the fridge. I then froze the muffins. Always like to have muffins on hand for myself and unexpected visitors. Thanks Pepina Rae