Recipe by Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen
My friend, Laura, made this salad for our Keno group. It was soooo good!!! I love the fresh fruit!!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Oh my gosh. Where do I start? First, there are so many flavor and texture sensations going on in this single salad, and they all combine for a wonderful taste treat. The pecans gave it a bit of crunch, and the poppy seeds add flavor and deep color that went well with the red cranberries. But it was the sweet pears that captured my heart. This is truly a wonderful salad. Thanks Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen. I loved it!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 10 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1 medium pear, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (or cran-raisins)
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender combine sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, onion and salt.
- Cover and process.
- With blender running, add oil.
- Add poppy seeds and blend.
- Pour into container and chill.
- In large bowl combine lettuce, cheese, apple, pear and cranberries.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing.
- Add nuts.
- Toss and serve immediately.