Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect to use up leftover rice. This is one of my everyday favourites. Super easy. Super quick. Versatile. And super delicious.
- 200 g ready cooked basmati rice
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 50 g peas (frozen or fresh)
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- heat oil in pan.
- add onion, minced garlic, chili flakes and julienned carrot.
- fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- add soy sauce (i like kikkoman).
- stir in peanut butter and let dissolve.
- add ready cooked (leftover) rice and fry until warmed through.
- add peas and stir.
- sprinkle with sesame oil (to taste) and peanuts.
- serve warm and feel free to add whatever ingredient you like, fried tofu cubes are delicious with this too.