Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
adapted from WW book.
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g dates, chopped
- 60 g walnuts, chopped
- Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and egg.
- Sift in the flour and salt.
- Add the dates and walnuts, combine well.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and place on lined baking tray. Press down a little.
- Bake in moderate oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack then hide them from children and unexpected guests!
These are really lovely biscuits (cookies). For me the dates really mingled into the dough and keep the biscuit lovely and moist and the walnuts gave them a really nice flavour. Because I have young kids I always roll my biscuits small and got 48 out of the mix. Cooked for just on 10 minutes in a 180c oven. Thanks for sharing your recipe it's now a favourite here too :)