Whole Wheat Date Walnut Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, boiling
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup dates, pitted, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 bananas (blended with 1/4 cup reserved date water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1 cup walnuts, shopped
- Bake @ 350' for 60 minute
- In medium bowl pour boiling water and baking soda over dates, stir well, Reserve 1/4 cup liquid, allow mixture to cool.
- Stir eggs into cooled date mixture.
- In large bowl combine brown sugar and oil, sift in whole wheat flour, salt and baking powder;, mix throughly.
- Add bananas blended with reserved date water, then add date egg mixture, vanilla, banana flavorings and walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour into 2 well buttered loaf pans (4 1/2"x8 1/2").
- Bake 60 minutes @ 350' or til tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!