1/1 Photo of Favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Healthier than some, this was developed from several other recipies through trial and error. The favorite cookie recipe in my house. Be sure to soak the raisins first as it makes the cookies extra moist and chewy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (or slightly more, to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine Group 1 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Cream Group 2 ingredients with a hand mixer, first butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla until just mixed and starting to fluff.
- 4Add Group 1 ingredients to Group 2 and mix until just blended. Do not overmix.
- 5Add the oats, and then the raisins. You will have to stir these in by hand unless you have a very powerful mixer.
- 6Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop or a large spoon, drop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7Bake 12-14 minutes until light brown on top.
- 8Cool on a baking rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g