My Favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats or 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (any amount would be fine)
- Sift together dry ingredients; stir in rolled oats and raisins. Stir in oil, vanilla, eggs, and milk. Beat with a spoon until thoroughly blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did half the recipe and made 42 cookies. Instead of 5/8 cup sugar, I used 1/2 cup sugar. I used quick oats. I soaked the raisins like you suggested. I used skim milk. After 10 minutes cooking they were perfect. They're chewy and have a great texture. The taste is wonderful. I'll do them again for sure. Thanks Valgal :) Made for PAC spring 2010
Thank you so much for the great recipe. All too often I want to try something new and it doesn't come out the way it should. I cook and bake alot and this one was right on point. I had been craving homemade oatmeal cookies and wanted to try one using coconut flour. LOVED them. However, I took it just a little further. I added a cup of unsweetened coconut and a cup of chopped walnuts and cut the cut down the sugar to 3/4 c. We love love love coconut and it was just the right amount.