Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
After having a piece of Lemon Mousse Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory, I went on a mission to find a similar recipe. This was found on the Food Network website. The recipe is courtesy of Peggy Russell.
- 18 graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large lemons
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 -4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
For Lemon Curd
- 3 -4 large egg yolks, strained through a sieve
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Adjust oven rack to center position, preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine grushed graham crackers, melted butter and 1/4 c sugar.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10" springform pan comin up about 1" on the sides.
- Seal the outside of the pan in foil and set in a baking dish.
- Add water to the baking dish to come up about 1" on the side.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Zest lemons until you have 1 Tbls of lemon zest.
- Place zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- Squeeze the lemons to acquire 3/4 c lemon juice and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add 1-1/4 cups of sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg yolks, flour, lemon juice and zest and beat until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add remaining sugar to the egg whites and continue to whip until soft peaks have formed.
- Fold the egg whites into the lemon batter.
- Pour batter into the crust.
- Bake cheesecake until set ans golden, about 55-65 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a cooling rack, about 4 hours.
- Once cooled, refrigerate uncovered until chilled.
- Add pre-made lemon curd on top of cheesecake.
- Loosen side with a spatula before unmolding and serve.
- Lemon Curd---------------.
- Over medium heat, whisk to combine yolks zest, lemon juice and sugar in a 1 quart saucepan.
- Cook for approximatley 8 minutes until the mixture thickens and looks smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add butter, 1 piece at a time with a wooden spoon until it's fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and put plastic directly on top of the mixture.
- Let cool on the counter, then refrigerate.
My dad's to favorite desserts are cheese cake and lemon pie, Made this for his 86th birthday he was in 7th heaven. Thanks for sharing and making his day.
I have to give it five stars because I made this recipe for a friend who was dying with cancer and it was the only thing she wanted to eat. I entered it in the Los Angeles County Fair and it won and I baked it for the Food TV Network. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel that others have enjoyed it.
I am a cheesecake and a lemon lover and this recipe did not fail to disappoint. It had a nice lemony flavor and was light and creamy in texture. I made this for a potluck at work and it was quickly consumed along with several recipe requests. Will definitely 'make again'!