Mediterranean Mahi Mahi With Olive and Shallot Tapenade
This is a copycat recipe from Cheesecake Factory. I had it the first time last year in 2007 and I can't count how many times I've had it since then. Hope this turns out okay, courtesy of recipelink.com Source: Chef,Jennifer Martinkus and Derrin Davis
- Ready In:
- 10 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic, divided (about 10 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi steaks
- 1 cup mixed olives in brine, pitted (such as kalamata, picholine, and niÃ§oise)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub fish with oregano mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak olives in cold water 30 minutes. Drain, and soak in cold water 30 additional minutes. Drain. Chop olives and set aside.
- Place 4 tablespoons oil and chives in a blender; process until combined. Strain chive mixture through cheesecloth into a small bowl, if desired, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons garlic, thyme, and olives; cook 3 minutes or until heated. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté fish, skin side up, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Place fish on individual serving plates. Spoon olive mixture evenly over steaks, and drizzle with chive mixture. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was a great dinner. It was a little labor intensive, but well worth the end result and all the wonderful flavors. I used fresh herbs from my garden and kalamata olives. We did not modify this recipe a bit, nor would we recommend any changes. Thanks for a lovely meal and one that we will be making again.