Recipe by Tante B
Every year come September I always get requests for my Honey Cake recipe.Half of the Mother's in my older son's class have been making it for years! If you like a moist Honey Cake and a super easy recipe - this is it!I originally got this recipe from one of my nieces and adapted it.
Top Review by cmaimon
This was really, really good! I made some adjustments, as we cannot have eggs or coca due to allergies. I replaced the 2 eggs with 2 T. egg replacer and 4 T. of water. Whip the water and egg replacer till fluffy, and add the rest of the ingredients as directed. It took less then 1 hour to bake, and came out better in a loaf pan then it did in my mini silicon bunt pan.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup honey (I use wald honig aka forest honey)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup strong coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, sugar and oil until well blended. Tip: Measure the oil first and use the same measuring cup for the honey- it will slide right out!
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add approximately 1/3 of the dry ingrdients to the honey mixture. Mix.
- Add 1/3 of the coffee. Mix.
- Repeat process, adding 1/3 dry ingredients and 1/3 coffee until everything is mixed together.
- Grease a baking form/pan (I use a Silicon Kugelhopf form, 16cm high & 24cm wide, which makes a beautiful presentation) with margarine and coat with coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into form.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 1 hour.(Baking time varies depending upon what form you use.Check that toothpick comes out clean - if crumbs are on it, that's fine)