Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe out of a Taste Of Homes Family Favorites. A great little appetizer or side dish, and very tasty.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until creamy.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
These are so clever and memorably tastey. I made them egg shaped and then covered them in the shredded cheddar. They're very rich but there were no leftovers.
I made these as part of our Adopted or Unreviewed Recipe Swap. The addition of the bacon and cheese made these special. A definite "add to my permanent recipe book" recipe. Thanks for sharing it!