This recipe is from a 1970's cookbook series by Family Circle called Illustrated Libray of cooking. Doesn't include preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 nine inch unbaked pie shells
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups thinly sliced pared tart apples (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1Mix granulated and brown sugars, flour, spices and salt in a small bowl.
- 2Spread about 1/3 of the apples into prepared pie shell; sprinkle with 1/3 of seasoning mixture.
- 3Repeat layers two more times.
- 4Pour cream into center; dot with butter or margarine.
- 5Cut several slits near center in remaining pie shell to let steam escape, cover pie.
- 6Turn edges under, flush with rim and flute edge.
- 7Brush top with milk and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- 8Bake in hot oven (400*) 1 hour, or until pastry is golden and juices bubble up.
- 9Cool at least one hour on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 307.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g