Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The ultimate antyime-anywhere cake, it tastes like an apple pie in a cake. I got it from Taste of Home Magazine. (This is the original--I make it w/out rasins or cloves and vanilla yogurt and no drizzle but it still comes out great either way!) Fantastic!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Combine applesauce, water, yogurt, egg whites, and almond extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 8" square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- For drizzle, in a bowl, whisk confectoners' sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over cake.