Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast & Easy. Yummy! Crab mixture can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.
- 1 -2 can crabmeat (or the faux crab)
- 1 box chicken stuffing mix
- mushroom stems, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, chopped
- minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter
- fresh parmesan cheese, shredded not powdered
- 2 packages medium sized fresh mushrooms
- Wash mushrooms& remove stems.
- Brush caps with melted butter& place upside-down in a buttered baking dish.
- Chop stems and set aside.
- Drain crabmeat, remove any undesirable elements.
- Flake crabmeat so it goes a long way.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 T.
- of butter.
- Add garlic, shallots& mushroom stems.
- Heat until shallots turn transparent.
- Leave shallots& mushrooms in the saucepan and Prepare Stovetop stuffing mix according to the directions& add water chestnuts.
- When stuffing is done, add crabmeat.
- Mix well.
- Top mushrooms with crabmeat mixture.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with parmesan cheese and drizzle melted butter onto each.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted and has turned golden.
- Crab Mixture can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.
This was not very good. I substituted lump crab and it was too fishy flavored. Sorry...