Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a perfect recipe for me since we eat chicken and rice a few times a week!
Make and share this Fast Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package rice, white
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
- packaged oven-roasted sliced almonds
- Stir peas into rice pouch. Heat in microwave according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir rice mixture into skillet. Stir in stir-fry sauce; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with almonds.
This really is a fast meal! Great for a busy night. Used boneless skinless chicken thighs as we prefer those over breasts. The only thing that I would do different would be to use a little more sauce as it was a little dry, but I most definitely like the ease and quickness of this recipe. Made for 123 Hits.
As with several others who made your recipe, I used brown rice, but otherwise followed your recipe on down & we thoroughly enjoyed this quick & tasty chicken meal! I ofetn combine peas or green beans with rice, so this was right up my alley! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits Tag]
Nice quick family weeknight meal. I used a brown rice that was not packaged so I cooked it first with the peas and then added to the skillet. Worked out fine and the tastes were very nice. A nice change of pace from other skillet meals in our rotation. Thanks for a nice recipe! Made for I Recommend Tag game.