Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
I haven't tried this yet, but I am planning to do so very soon. It makes my mouth water just by reading the recipe. This is from Jeni Wright's Creative Chicken.
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 1587.57 g whole chickens
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml apple cider or 473.18 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 340.19 g baby carrots
- 340.19 g baby new potato
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the chicken, and brown on all sides. Lift out and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, then add the cider and stock and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the bouquet garni and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook in a preheated 325F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the vegetables, baste the chicken with the sauce.
- Cook for another 30-45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the juices of the chicken run clear.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, then taste the sauce for seasoning and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve hot.