Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A delicious roast from Cooking Entrees with the Micheff Sisters Cookbook. I enjoyed this with gravy one day and with barbeque sauce the next. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 473.18 ml veggie burgers (I used veggie crumbles by Morningstar)
- 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- 118.29 ml quick oats
- 473.18 ml seasoned breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml vegan mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml seasoned vegetable salt (I used Italian seasoning and salt)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley (I used 3 tbls. fresh parsley)
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml soymilk
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml nutritional yeast
- 78.07 ml oil
- 591.47 ml cool water (may need a little more for desired consistancy)
- 59.16 ml soy sauce
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute onion and mushrooms in the oil until the onion is clear.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients(except gravy ingredients).
- Spray a medium casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and put in roast mixture.Pat down. Bake at 350*F. for 1 hour.
- Serve with country gravy or desired sauce.
- Country Gravy:.
- In a medium skillet, brown flour, stirring constantly with a whisk until it becomes fragrant and slightly deeper in color. Add the yeast flakes and oil and cook, stirring for just a minute more.
- Add the water all at once, whisking fast and continuously until thickened. This will only take a minute or so.
- Linda Micheff says you can also make this roast into patties and either fry in a skillet or brown in oven.
- Good served with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and tomatoes and cucumbers.