Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not sure where this came from originally but I love it! I used low-fat cottage cheese and sour cream. The pesto sauce would also be great as a sauce for chicken. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :-)
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta or 8 ounces fusilli
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, combine remaining ingredients except Parmesan in a food processor and process for 30 seconds.
- (To release more flavor from basil leaves, place them in a small plastic bag and bruise with a meat mallet before adding to food processor).
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
i thought i reviewed this ages ago, so sorry. this was a nice creamy dish. i served it with fresh grown cherry tomatoes, halved, and extra grated parmesan cheese.very quick and easy too. -- i forgot to add that i used home grown basil, which to me makes such a difference. —