Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Fantasy is the word to describe this cake and you'll know why when u try it.
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- pineapple slice, for garnish if desired
- mini marshmallows, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the first 4 dry ingredients together 3 times and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, oil, pineapple juice, water and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Put dry mixture in a deep bowl and pour in the liquid ingredients.
- Blend well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks from when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually add sugar white beating continuously.
- Whip until stiff but not dry.
- Fold the batter in the egg whites.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 round baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and cool.
- ICING: Beat cream over some cracked ice until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar while beating.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water until clear.
- Gradually pour into the whipped cream.
- Beat vigorously until well blended.
- Flavor with strawberry jelly and frost the prepared cake.
- Garnish with pineapple slices and marshmallows, if desired.