Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy, rich sausage gravy with just a little kick to it if you choose to add the hot sauce.
- Fry sausage in skillet cutting apart as you cook to make small pieces.
- Drain and reserve 1/3 c of grease.
- Remove sausage from skillet.
- Return the 1/3 c of grease to it.
- Whisk in the self rising flour until brown.
- Return the sausage and all other ingredients Heat until thick.
- Serve over biscuits.
Good bisquit and gravy recipe. I had to use a little more flour than what it called for to thicken it up. It could be because I used milk rather than the half and half because that is what I had on hand.
Served over piping hot homemade biscuits, this really hit the spot for both DH and I!
FALL PAC 2008: What a way to start the day!! This sausage gravy was fantastic over warm biscuits!!