Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
My family *loves* these kabobs, plan ahead the beef needs to marinate 8 hours or overnight is even better, if you are using wooden skewers make certain to soak them in cold water for a minimum of 30 minutes before using them for grilling or they will burn, this recipe serves 3-4 people (two skewers each) but I would suggest to double the recipe if you are serving more than 4 people --- cooking time is only estimated and prep time includes marinating time. The French dressing can be replaced with Russian dressing if desired, you will love these! :)
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares (should have about 8-10 pieces)
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle French dressing
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
- 2 -3 cloves finely minced fresh garlic or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 -10 uncooked bacon, strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into larger-size chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into larger-size chunks
- 2 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine salad dressing, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper and fresh minced garlic or garlic powder (if using) mix well to combine; reserve about 1/4 cup and refrigerate.
- Using a shallow glass dish place in the beef cubes, and pour the remaining marinade over the beef; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight is even better.
- After 8 hours, remove the beef, and discard the marinade.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the beef cubes.
- Then thread the beef alternately with the coarsely chopped veggies (make certain to thread the skewers through the wrapped bacon side, or the bacon will come open when grilled).
- Grill over hot heat for about 10-15 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade, or until beef reaches desired tenderness.