1/6 Photos of Fantastic Double Chocolate-Pecan Biscotti
Since biscotti is a huge favorite at my house I am always searching for good biscotti recipes, this one is fantastic! --- if you make biscotti and love chocolate, then this is a recipe you should try! --- since the batter is quite stiff this dough is best prepared on a heavy-duty stand mixer, the recipe can be completely doubled to make four logs, they will keep tightly covered at room temperature for one week, or frozen for one month, feel free to use any other chopped nuts that you desired, walnuts work great with this also :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter and flour a large baking/cookie sheet.
- 3In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In another large bowl with an electric mixer beat together 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened butter with 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- 5Add in eggs and beat until well combined.
- 6Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough.
- 7Stir in chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips; mix to combine.
- 8Divide the dough in half or you can make 4 smaller logs for easier handing and cutting if desired).
- 9On the greased baking sheet, shape into two slightly flattened logs (about 12-inches long and about 2-inches wide).
- 10Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- 11Bake logs for 35 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- 12Cool the logs on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove logs to a cutting board.
- 13Cut the logs diagonally into about 3/4-inch slices.
- 14Place back on the baking sheet.
- 15Return to oven and bake for about another 7-10 minutes (depending on how crisp you like them).
- 16Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Double Chocolate-Pecan Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 145.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g