Double Chocolate Pecan Biscotti
photo by Ashly1021
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg, for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar using an electric whisk.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until fluffy and pale (1 min).
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Fold this in to combine.
- Then fold in the toasted nuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half and turn each one out onto a floured surface and roll each half into a log and patting down slightly to form the dough to approximately 2 inches wide by 14 inches long by 1 1/2 inches high.
- Place each log on to the prepared baking sheet several inches apart.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!