Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a restaurant quality chicken dish that is delicious, I have made it many times for my family and also have served it to guests and always receive rave reviews! --- you will love this!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper (you don't need too much pepper)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 chicken breasts (preferably skinless and boneless)
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil (or as needed)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup Amaretto
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder.
- Roll/coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Saute chicken in oil until golden brown and transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- In the same skillet, increase the heat to med-high and melt butter.
- Add in Dijon mustard, orange juice concentrate, water and Amaretto; stir constantly until liquid is reduced.
- Pour the sauce over chicken.
- Bake covered for 35-40 minutes.
Well, I was looking forward to making this. However, it did not come out as others have said. I followed the directions exactly. Seemed a little sweet and my DH did not care for it. I love all of Kittencal's recipes but this was just not for us.
Fabulous!!! Yum! Yum! Yum! When I originally saw the recipe, it sounded great. I told my husband about it, but he was less than thrilled because amaretto is not his favorite. Well I made it anyway the other night. And his response was, "This is really, really good". It was SO tasty. As my husband said, it's kind of like eating candied chicken. The flavor is like no other. I did as icecreambears did and uncovered the last 10 mins of cooking to let the sauce thicken. I also didn't have orange juice concentrate, so just used regular orange juice and it was fabulous. Thanks Kittencal! Every recipe that I've made of yours has been outstanding. I'm certainly a fan.
It's a Kittencal recipe it must be good. It is!! Thanks for another great one Kit. Have a nice new year.