Recipe by Debster
These muffins ar so fruity and moist. Wonderful for breakfast with tea or coffee, for brunch with an omelet, or so good as an afternoon snack.
Top Review by colleen_e
These muffins are moist and delicious! I added an egg to the batter because it was so thick. They turned out great. I also substituted vanilla yogurt for the sour cream and lemon zest for the orange because I was out of both. I will definitely be making these again ;)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- sour cream (1 cup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak apricots in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Drain apricots, discarding liquid.
- Fold apricots, orange peel and nuts into batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.