Sourdough Bacon Muffins
These yummy muffins are quick and easy to make, and are wonderful for breakfast or brunch along with your favorite omelet. Sometimes I make them for a light supper to go with soup and a green salad.
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sourdough starter
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 1 twelve muffin size muffin pan, or line with cupcake papers.
- In bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, sourdough starter and oil.
- Add egg mixture to well in dry mixture all at once.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Stir in bacon and cheese.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were delicious this a.m. with eggs for brunch. As with Gayla, I too added a touch more milk than the recipe called for. Also, I decreased the sugar to 2 tablespoons which was perfect. Next time I will try adding a pinch of cayenne for a little kick. I got a yield of 12 well rounded muffins.Reply
see 3 more