Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best apricot chicken recipe in the world. You will love it as much as everyone I know that has tasted it. Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy need I say more?
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 1 package French onion soup
- 500 ml can apricot halves
- 500 ml can apricot nectar
- 236.59 ml cornflour
- oil (a tiny bit)
- pasta (of your choice)
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes.
- Place the cornflour and pepper in a small plastic bag so that you can shake the cornflour onto the chicken pieces.
- Start cooking your pasta so that it is ready when the chicken is.
- Shake the cornflour onto the chicken pieces.
- Place the oil into a frying pan and cook the chicken so that it is fully cooked.
- Mix the french onion soup and apricot nectar together and add to the chicken in the frying pan.
- Cook and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the apricot halves and the juice from the apricot halves.
- Stir continually and cook for a further 10-15 minutes so that the flavor can be absorbed by the chicken.
Definitely 'fantastic' and 'yummy', I used one large chicken breast for 2 servings, cut down on the cornflour, and only had the apricots and not the nectar. Just added a little water instead, and was still a 5* recipe. Also had it with rice instead of pasta. Thanks for posting =)
Quite a tasty dish and easy to make! I was worried at first that the apricot flavor would be overpowering, but it was good to the last bite :)
This dish was wonderful. I made it with about 1 lb of chicken breast. The cans of apricots and nectar available were a little smaller, which was fine. I only needed about 1/2 C cornflour. Instead of pasta, I served it with brown rice. The dish went very well with the nuttiness of the rice. Thanks for posting this. It will become one of my staples!