Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tastes EXACTLY like the Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi. It's a favorite recipe in our home!!
Make and share this Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine, I use chardonnay
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, Juice only
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat cast iron skillet and add olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent, reduce heat. Remove Shrimp and set aside.
- Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Do not allow garlic to brown - it will make it bitter.
- Add white wine, and lemon juice.
- Cook until wine is reduced by half. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low, and add butter. If pan is too hot, the butter will separate.
- Add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.
My wife found the true Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe and this is not it... there is a missing ingredient. A package of ranch dressing mix added to the scampi sauce.
You certainly put more work into this than Red Lobster! I worked there as a manager about 8 years ago so things might have changed. No butter was ever used. It was butter flavored oleo from a jug, a bit of seasoning and placed in individual metal cooking pans and put in the cooler to be used within 48 hours.<br/>This looks MUCH better.
I love this recipe. Will definitely use it again and again. It is so easy to make. I even used steamed shrimps. I cut the wine in half and used water instead. Also, do not use California Chardonnay, they taste oakey. I used a Chilean wine.