Recipe by Bradshaw Brood
I have been making these meatballs for a long time, My husband and kids love them. Every time we have a family function I have to make them. The serving size varies depending on what size of meatballs you make I make small-medium sized, which usually yields 8-6 which I listed, but to each their own. Eat and enjoy.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I loved these meatballs. I doubled the sauce and thanks for the vinegar tip! I will have leftovers in a sub roll for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for posting Bradshaw Brood. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for meatballs, rolling meatballs out by hand and placing in a 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine ingredients for sauce and pour over meatballs. (I've never timed how long it takes me to do this, I just estimated time without distractions ;).
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in a 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and put back into oven for 15 additional minutes (note--I have also sprinkled about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top for the remaining 15 minutes and it turned out good).
- An extra note on the sauce, I usually double my sauce, however I do not double the vinegar, that's how my family enjoys it, you can fix them anyway you wish, it is a good dish to experiment with. You can also fix these in a crock pot on low heat over night.