Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a basic hamburg, tomato goulash. It is very kid friendly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 5 1⁄2 ounces tomato soup (1/2 can)
- 3 ounces tomato paste (1/2 can)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 -4 slices American cheese
- Brown beef, onion, bouillon, salt and pepper in a large frying pan. Drain well.
- Add stewed tomatoes, soup, tomato paste and ketchup.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add macaroni, stir and pour into a 2 quart casserole.
- Bake covered in 350* oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Uncover, place cheese on top and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- TIP: I freeze the leftover soup and tomato paste in a ziplock bag for my next batch of goulash.
We loved it! Good basic recipe for goulash, a definate keeper :)
Very yummy! Just like I remember Goulash as a child! Thanks! I think next time I will add an extra can of Stewed tomatos cuase I like mine really wet and tomatoie!
This was very yummy - reminded me a lot of something my mom used to make when I was a kid. Only changes I made was I used petite diced tomatoes insted of stewed (I already had them) and I used cheddar cheese insted of American (personal preference). My kids ate it without complaint and I'm sure I'll make it again.