We have a large family and try to get together as often as possible throughout the year. When we do get together most of our meals are in the form of buffet style potlucks, as it gives us a good opportunity to enjoy sampling the cooking of our various cooks and it also helps us spread out the work that is involved in feeding such a large group. I like to bring this salad because it is colorful, travels well and is well received!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups ham diced into cubes the size of the green peas
- 1Prepare macaroni according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- 2In large bowl combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, pickle relish, salt and pepper.
- 3Stir in onion, bell pepper, green peas, celery, carrot, cheddar, ham and macaroni.
- 4Refrigerate for two hours or more (overnight is best) and serve!
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Gathering Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.5 mg
- Sodium 666.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: