Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have a large family and try to get together as often as possible throughout the year. When we do get together most of our meals are in the form of buffet style potlucks, as it gives us a good opportunity to enjoy sampling the cooking of our various cooks and it also helps us spread out the work that is involved in feeding such a large group. I like to bring this salad because it is colorful, travels well and is well received!
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups ham diced into cubes the size of the green peas
- Prepare macaroni according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, pickle relish, salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, green peas, celery, carrot, cheddar, ham and macaroni.
- Refrigerate for two hours or more (overnight is best) and serve!