Prep 35 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is like Shepard's or cottage pie but it uses ground beef and any veggies you have on hand. My four young children love this.
- 1⁄2-1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (I use 1/2 a red onion)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can onion soup
- 1 cup cheese, grated (use your favorite)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, I use 6 servings of flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make your mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Fry the ground beef, then add soup.
- Put all the chopped veggies in a casserole dish, pour meat soup mixture over veggies, then put grated cheese on top, then mashed potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then broil until golden.