Recipe by Mother of Many
This is like Shepard's or cottage pie but it uses ground beef and any veggies you have on hand. My four young children love this.
- 1⁄2-1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (I use 1/2 a red onion)
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can onion soup
- 1 cup cheese, grated (use your favorite)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, I use 6 servings of flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make your mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Fry the ground beef, then add soup.
- Put all the chopped veggies in a casserole dish, pour meat soup mixture over veggies, then put grated cheese on top, then mashed potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then broil until golden.