Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I created this recipe one day when I refused to go the store to buy something for dinner! My family loved it, and it's been a staple meal in our home ever since.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 16 ounces chicken-apple sausages, cut in half & sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons summer savory
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Add chicken & vegetables to broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Add sausage, barley & seasonings and simmer 40 to 50 minutes or until veggies & barley are tender.
- Ten minutes before serving, add gnocci and adjust seasonings.
- Serve and enjoy!
- All seasonings can be increased or decreased according to taste (I usually use more than this).