Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our son always loved this recipe. He never knew it was made with you-know-what, FAKE crab, until after he worked on a crab boat a few years ago! Of course, you can always use real crab. It's easy to put together and with a salad it makes a nice meal. I always make it with lowfat sour cream, lowfat soup, and I just use butter flavored cooking spray to replace the butter. When done this way it cuts out almost all the fat, and it's still good.
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In butter, cook mushrooms until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in soup, milk, and wine and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in crab, peas, and sour cream.
- Heat through, but do not boil.
- Toss with noodles and parsley; serve.
Delicious, PotPie! Used some dry white wine in place of the Marsala; but I bet the Marsala is wonderful in this...Next time! Served over linguini. YUM! Definitely a keeper!
This was very good. I added a little Old Bay seasoning to the sauce but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I wonder how this would taste with shrimp and/or scallops.
The low fat subs might not have richness of their full fat brothers but they make it possible to have lovely dishes like this. I used No Yolk noodles, low fat mushroom soup, fat free evaporated milk and low fat sour cream. The (fake)crab in place of beef was a lovely change. I did add some finely diced onion to the mushroom saute. Thank you for a dinner dish that I'll make again with no guilt.