Recipe by Chef PotPie
Our son always loved this recipe. He never knew it was made with you-know-what, FAKE crab, until after he worked on a crab boat a few years ago! Of course, you can always use real crab. It's easy to put together and with a salad it makes a nice meal. I always make it with lowfat sour cream, lowfat soup, and I just use butter flavored cooking spray to replace the butter. When done this way it cuts out almost all the fat, and it's still good.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Delicious, PotPie! Used some dry white wine in place of the Marsala; but I bet the Marsala is wonderful in this...Next time! Served over linguini. YUM! Definitely a keeper!
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- salt and pepper, to taste