1/1 Photo of Fake Barbecued Brisket
5 hrs 5 mins
This is one of my most favorite recipes for parties because it is fast, easy, and can be made ahead of time. It's not the normal barbecued brisket because, well, it's not barbecued. Yep, this is roasted in oven, but it has all of the BBQ taste. I promise you will love this. (Oh, and this recipe can be doubled, tripled, or just duplicated as many times as you need to for the right servings.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket (I like it a little bit "too" fatty)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1 -1 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce (I really recommend "sweet baby ray's original")
- 1Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- 2In a small bowl mix together all of the seasonings and set aside In a 9"-13" pan, that has been lined with foil, place the brisket fat side down.
- 3Sprinkle the brisket with half of the seasoning mixture, flip it over, and sprinkle the fatty side with the rest of the seasoning.
- 4Turn the oven temperature down to 200°F and place the brisket in oven.
- 5Cook for 5 hours, basting with its' juices about every hour or so When the brisket is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 6After 10 minutes, cut it against the grain, and then pull it into shreds Place it in a bowl, and stir in the barbecue sauce.
- 7Enjoy this on chips, crackers, buns, pasta, salad, or just straight up!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fake Barbecued Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 977.1
- Calories from Fat 729
- Total Fat 81.0 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.7 mg
- Sodium 606.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 52.0 g