Barbecued Beef Brisket
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place brisket in Dutch oven; add all remaining brisket ingredients.
- Cover; bake for 3-3 1/2 hours or until brisket is fork tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 2 quart saucepan, stir together all the barbecue sauce ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- until sauce is heated through (8-10 minutes).
- Remove brisket to cutting board; reserve pan juices!
- Stir in one cup reserved pan juices into barbecue sauce.
- Slice brisket thinly; spoon barbecue sauce over sliced brisket.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, and welcome to my recipe collection online! My full-time career is that of Realtor...I was born & raised in the Mennonite faith all of my life. My husband was raised in the Amish faith. Together we have a very rich food heritage from both of our parents- much of which has been passed down through the generations - and I'm happy to share some of these recipes here with you! (including canning & freezing recipes) Hope you enjoy them!