Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
We love this delicious and easy marinade!
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast (Can use steak or shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white zinfandel wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sliced pepper (Green, Red or Yellow)
- 1⁄2 sliced onion
- Mix the herbs, spices, oil and wine.
- Put chicken in a Ziploc bag, pour mixture over chicken, close the bag, and gently shake the bag to cover all pieces.
- Let it marinade overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Quickly saute the chicken until done (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove meat from the pan, then using remaining juices, add the veggies and saute until firm-crisp. (About 2-3 minutes).
- Add back the meat and heat through.
- Devour immediately on tortillas with your choice of condiments!
Absolutely delish! I added some baby carrots and used only red peppers and cut the recipe in half. We inhaled it! Also just ate the meat and veggies, no tortillas. Made for Fall PAC 2012.