Recipe by Lacy S.
I found this recipe in a Classic Pillsbury Cookbook from 1994. These are easy to prepare and oh so yummy! Preparation time does not include marination time.
Top Review by iris5555
I grilled these wrapping them in foil and cooking for 1/2 hour, then removing from the foil to crisp for about 5 minutes. This gave the wings a nice smoky flavor. The fajita flavor was quite subtle though and this may not have been the best way to prepare the wings. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 12 chicken wings, tips removed
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken wings in half at the joint.
- Wash and dry chicken pieces thoroughly.
- Place all remaining ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place pieces of chicken in a gallon size ziploc bag and add marinade.
- Place bag in refrigerator for 4-24 hours. Turn bag occasionally.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken pieces from bag and place on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, and brush every 10-15 minutes with marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade you have left.